Monday 21 February 2011

A Kiss In Time by Alex Flinn

I was going to review this book, but I lent it to my sister to read.
She has now finished and reviewed it, so here's a wonderful link to My Sisters Blog (The Review List).

Book Cover
The story is a modern day take on Sleeping Beauty. Unfortunately I'd say it's not as good as Alex Flinn's Beastly. And Still too teeny for my liking, but it was an easy, light-hearted read. (And I quite liked the take on the Prince being a normal boy, who liked gardening, also apparent in Beastly. Interesting.)

I also quite like the more soft and empathetic telling of the 'witch'. It tells her small story in a way I hadn't seen before.
Then again, I always like stories being told from a different point of view. Especially fairy tales where there is usually a good side and an evil side, and you rarely get a hero or heroine with major personality flaws, or an antagonist with a good streak. Whereas in this book both things are apparent. Which is always good.
Still. Nice book to read, if only as one of many in the summer.

I'd say 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment